Before we do anything else, let’s get that old saying out of the way:
“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
Forgive me for picking on this tired old string of words, and please indulge me with a few comments on it:
- If life is giving you free groceries of any kind, first off, enjoy it while it lasts! Don’t let anyone make it sound like a bad thing.
- When you have a pile of free lemons, why limit your options?
- You can wait for life to start sending you free sugar too, or you can pay for some lemonade: buy the sugar & use your precious time to mix it all up.
- Do you even WANT lemonade? Plan to sell it? Think things through a little. You’ve stumbled onto a valuable resource: free lemons! Why waste them or spend money and time unless you have a use lemonade? Why not sell the lemons, or give them to someone who needs or wants them?
- Have you considered all the countless other uses for lemons? The juice is a great flavor enhancer for many foods and beverages, and it has other applications in skin care, cleaning, etc.
- In short. never let someone else’s’ words trick you into limiting your options or making false assumptions. When they ask you to choose A or B, never forget: there’s usually a C, and a D, etc. You have options, and the opportunity to CREATE options! Very often, there’s one far better than A or B, if you’re willing to look, think, ask, stand up for yourself. Or you can stick with A and B like all the other sheep. Your call.
Wow! My digression grew into a monster! I think I’ll split this post into two… We’ll call this one Part One, OK? Thanks for your patience. I’d also appreciate any ideas you might have on this topic!
Let’s meet again in Part Two…