Thanks, everybody, for all your help and great ideas! Without you, the Nurse Theme Song project would never have happened. We’re now over seventy songs! All listsed, subject to my update schedule, such as It is, at Nurses’ Playlist: ALL the Theme Songs So Far.
So I had a bit of a vacation, with some crisis and disaster thrown in: I wouldn’t want life to get too boring, and reality often doesn’t much care what I think in any case. Nobody got hurt except my car and my wallet: TWO BIG OWIES! That said, I’m back and it’s time to catch up on our Nurse Theme Songs. I recently settled on five tunes per post, but we have something of a backlog issue at the moment: so many nurses with so many great ideas! So today we squeeze nine new ones into the mix and a few bonus re-releases too. Life is good on the party corner of the Big Red Carpet! Thanks, everybody, for all your great contributions! Such diversity! I’ve lost track of all the posts in this projects, far more than I ever imagined possible when it all started a month and over SEVENTY songs ago. I’ll keep posting them as long as they keep coming in (hint, hint)…
3. Sonya offers her “Nursing theme song: Everyday I’m Hustlin’ – Rick Ross“:
4. Kathleen Drozdowski: “Nursing theme song: Bridge Over Troubled Water…..my nursing class included it in our yearbook. Guess I’m showing my age. 😮” It’s a Simon & Garfunkle classic, Kathleen: two thumbs up (All I have… )!
6. Second, “Whatever gets you through the night“ with Elton John and John Lennon, from John Lennon’s 1974 album, Walls and Bridges with Elton John:
7. Third, David Bowie: Heroes:
8. Patti Smith also offers three: “Before work, the theme to ‘Rocky’.” Great idea, Patti, but we’ve been there already. See Nurse Theme Songs: 5 Even Better Ones! for that one, Eye of the Tiger, and more!
“Mid-day, ‘I Will Survive,’ ” also fantastic, but also covered in More Tunes! Nurse Themes Songs Will Never Die.
“After work I’m too tired to think so pretty much anything goes…” I LOVE total tune authority! Thanks, Patti!
I just saw the movie “Guardians of the Galaxy” over the weekend, so I’m going to toss out two after-work anything-goes picks. Let me know how I did, OK, Patti? Welcome, everyone, to Greg’s Mixed Tape Land, featuring Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede ( the link actually includes the entire movie soundtrack, starting with Blue Swede) and Cherry Bomb by the Runaways: