1) Maybe, just maybe, so many people get sloppy drunk on New Year’s Eve because all the year-end recaps & reviews & predictions drive them to it. So it’s been written, at least once to my knowledge…
2) In any case, none of that from me. There are plenty lying all around us, clearly.
3) How many loads of subway riders would it take to match my views for the year? Hard to say: view of my readers tell me about their subway habits…
4) I’ve been reading about the ancient practice of not
trying too hard, letting it all come naturally or some such. The trick is not try hard to not try hard. Something like that. To say I get it would be… Generous. Very, very generous.
5) New Year’s Eve is amateur night for drinking. Ed McMahon said that, I think. Sounds about right.
6) I typically work NYE. It’s a great conversation starter; people imagine much more of an adventure that what actually happens. It’s like NYE everywhere else, minus the cars, drinks and the inflated prices. There are some drugs available as you might guess, but no more than usual.
7) Ever wonder how to determine how long a list should be? Easy, just dive in and when you start running out of material… Bingo!!! Decision Made.
Oh, one more:
8) Have a safe and happy New Year. Let me know how it went! I simply love stories. Don’t you?